Gabriel's Yoga Therapy class provides a safe, modern progression of poses that weave structural strength with functional range of motion. He believes that traditional yoga poses may cause serious risk
Gabriel’s Yoga Therapy class provides a safe, modern progression of poses that weave structural strength with functional range of motion. He believes that traditional yoga poses may cause serious risk of long term disability or injury. Many yoga classes offered today emphasize excessive flexibility at the cost of structural strength; a challenge to life long stability and function.
Benefits of attending Yoga Therapy class:
Prevent and recover from injuries
Improve balance and reduce falls
Reduce pain and discomfort
Relieve stress on joints and spine
Build structural strength in the whole body
Group Yoga Therapy class fee: $5
For more information visit: gabrielsyogatherapy.com<a
(Tuesday) 10:00 am - 11:15 am
Yoga Studio 1
200 Commercial Street
Gabriel Harrisonyogatherapygh@gmail.com; 530-360-4235
Gabriel is a Yoga Therapist in practice for over 30 years. Certified in Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy. Gabriel created his own yoga therapy program that is a safe and effective alternative to a traditional yoga class. His personal yoga therapy series focuses on neutral spine poses and weight bearing structural exercises.
Foundations of Gabriel’s Yoga Therapy
1. Do no harm.
2. Maintain a neutral spine.
3. Strengthen the structural muscles.
4. Emphasize a functional range of motion.
5. Exhale when lifting body weight.
6. Create a personal series of movements.
7. Move appropriately in and out of poses.
8. Allow yoga therapy to influence how you sit, stand, move and sleep.
9. Use breath guided movement.
10. Avoid all forward folds, bends and twists.